Boys' Workshop - Brush Making

Relevant Dates: 1903

The boys' workshop, located on the eastern side of the School Building, taken circa 1903. The students are learning how to make brushes. These activities were likely moved into the Manual Training Building when it was built in 1907.

Historic photograph from Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Transfer from the Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts, Social Museum Collection. Contemporary photo by Tom Kirsch, 2019.